CPRR wants to be able to offer an introductory page to its work in a variety of international languages. Can you help us translate a single page into your language? All languages accepted. We already have: Dutch and French.
Spanish, French, German and other languages which use the ISO Latin-1 character set are easy to add to the Internet in a way that all browsers on all operating systems can read. Unfortunately, other character sets, such as those found in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Russian, etc., require the user to have system software configured to read these character sets.
Cross-platform compatability (being able to see the same language on a Mac and a PC, or even in different browsers) with these non-ISO Latin-1 languages can be problematic. Non ISO Latin-1 language translations need to be sent in an image format.
However, CPRR can accept translations in all the Romanized (ISO Latin-1) languages (French, Spanish, German, etc) via standard e-mail text. If you can do this, skip to the section below entitled "ENGLISH VERSION OF THE TEXT WE NEED TRANSLATED".
Specifications for submitting images with non ISO Latin-1 text
- Software - You will need software that supports your language and can convert text to images. Local language versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Quark, etc. can all do this. Word processor documents cannot be accepted.
- Image width - 400 pixels. Height is no problem and can be adjusted by CPRR. You might want to send in three images to break the text up. This is up to you.
- Image resolution - 72 dpi
- File formats accepted - *.gif and *.jpg. With some of the software mentioned above, you might have to export the page text to *.eps format first, and then save as *.jpg or *.gif files.
- Font to use in the text - Try to find a clear font that is medium sized and easy to read on screen. Make headers slightly bold and bigger in size. Underlined words will be linked by CPRR later.
- Color - Black text on a white background only, please.
- Submitting - Send images as an e-mail attachment. Please send a single sample first.
- Contact - [email protected] with any questions.
We ask for all of the text inside the box below to be translated into your language.
Welcome to the website of the Council for Palestinian Restitution and Repatriation (CPRR) at http://rightofreturn.org/|
This single page is offered for [insert your language here]-speaking visitors to this site, and offers a brief introduction to CPRR and the English-language resources on this site.
Introduction and our mission statement:
The Council for Palestinian Restitution and Repatriation (CPRR) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established to assist Palestinians and their heirs to fully achieve their individual and inalienable human rights to their land, natural resources and property as guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Through its legal department, CPRR will provide Palestinian victims and refugees with legal advice and assistance in achieving their rights to repatriation, restitution and reparation for lost income attributable to displacement, expulsion and confiscation, and all associated rights.
CPRR will research, collect and document data relating to Palestinian claims and will conduct through its information department intensive educational campaigns about the plight of Palestinian victims.
"That every Palestinian has a legitimate, individual right to return to his or her original home and to absolute restitution of his or her property."
Please sign our online petition, which has this affirmation as its text, in one of the following four categories:
Other areas of our website (in English):
For more information:
See CPRR's homepage at http://rightofreturn.org/ or e-mail CPRR at [email protected]
Return to CPRR's homepage